Personal Weekly Ritual


Initiate the Rite

Light the fire candle

Shining Ones, I ask for your blessings on this path as I work to build new relationships with the Hellenic deities and foster my spiritual growth on my journey toward ordination.

Purification

Place both hands deep into the water

The Eleusian Mysteries teach us of the purifying waters of the sea.  The people of Athens would travel to the waters to cleanse themselves in preparation for their rites. Let this water represent the healing, cleansing waters of the sea, and help me to purify and prepare myself for the work I am about to do.

Rub hands together.

Through the cleansing powers of the water, may my actions be just.

Place my hands on chest.

Through the cleansing powers of this water, may my intentions be pure.

Place hands on forehead.

Through the cleansing powers of this water, may my thoughts be true.

Honoring the Hearth and Earth Mother

Light Hestia Candle.  Make offering of incense.

Glorious Hestia, goddess of the hearth and home, as I work to honor my connection with the Gods I ask you to join me as I welcome them into my home.

Light Earth Mother Candle. Make offering of corn meal.

Earth Mother, you who support and sustain all life, I ask you to join me as I continue my journey and work to build my spirituality.

Statement of Purpose

I stand before my altar, purified and ready for ritual.  Tonight, I approach the altar _____.



(Re)Create the Cosmos

Offer whiskey to the fire.

Sacred Fire, flame of the hearth, gateway to the Shining Ones, this is the center of the cosmos.  I kindle this fire in warmth and love.  Sacred Fire, burn within me.

Offer silver to the well.

Sacred Well, waters of wisdom, gateway to the Ancestors, this is the center of the cosmos.  In the depth of the water flows wisdom. Sacred waters, flow within me.

Offer incense to the tree.

Sacred Tree, pathway between the earth and sky, gateway to the Nature Spirits, this is the center of the cosmos.  You are the path between all worlds.  Sacred tree, grow within me.

Open the Gates

Offer feathers to Hermes

I now call to Hermes, the messenger of the Deities and gatekeeper for this rite.  I ask that you guide me through the cosmos.  Let my words and actions be carried to the otherworlds.  Hermes, open the gates!

Inviting the Three Kindreds

Make offering of oil.

Shining Ones, those who have been worshipped for millennia, deities of my hearth and many others, you who have guided me through life, I ask that you join me in this rite.

Make offering of tobacco.

Ancient Ancestors, those who have passed on before me, ancestors of blood, land, and heart, you who have helped me to become who I am, I ask that you join me in this rite.

Make offering of bird seed.

Nature Spirits, those who share this realm with me, spirits of land, sea, and sky, you who have shared my land and home, I ask that you join me in this rite.

Deity of Occasion

Invocation of Being of Occasion

Prayer of Sacrifice

Through my feelings, thoughts, and actions I honor the Kindreds.  They have given me guidance, inspiration, and motivation.  It is with love, honor, and respect that I have offered my hospitality. Mighty Kindreds, I honor you.  Accept my offering!

Make offering of mead.

Omen

Crush bay leaves

Apollo, glorious god of the sun, poetry, and Oracles I ask that you guide my hand as I receive the intended messages from the Kindreds. 

Pull stones

Call for the Blessing

I have given my praise freely and now ask for your blessings in return.  Mighty Kindreds, may your blessings be given to me.

Hallow & Affirm the Blessings

Lift glass above head.

Behold the Waters of Life!

Drink the waters.

Thanking the Beings

BEING OF OCCASION

Nature Spirits, thank you for attending this rite.  May your knowledge and protection continue to make my path clear.

Ancestors, Thank you for attending this rite.  May there be peace between us until we meet again.

Shining Ones, thank you for attending this rite.  May you continue to guide and bless me on this journey.

Closing the Gates

Hermes, thank you for your guidance and protection as I have walked between the worlds.  Now, I ask that you close the gates.  Let the tree be but wood, let the well be but water, and let the fire be but flames.  Let the gates be closed!

Thanking the Earth/Hearth

Gaia, divine mother, thank you for your support and sustenance on this journey.  May my work continue to honor you.

Hestia, mistress of the flame, again, I thank you for attending this rite.  May your warmth and hospitality be shown through me.

Closing the Rite

I have done as my ancestors did and as my children will do.  I will go into the world blessed by this newly found connection with Hestia secure in the knowledge that I am on the path I am intended to be on.  This rite is closed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment