Meeting Asklepios

Asclepius is known as a great physician. He was a surgeon and not only prevented some people from dying, but also raised some up from the dead. Asclepius was mortal, but Athena also gifted him the blood of a Gorgon flowing through his veins. The blood on his left side was used for the bane of mankind. The blood on his right side was used for salvation, and it was with that blood that he was able to raise the dead. Today we will call upon Asclepius as part of a healing right, both for myself and others.
Asklepios, god of medicine, 

friend of Chiron, 

banisher of pain, 

I call to you. 

With your blood you can help 

With your help pain can end.

With your guidance we can be healed. 

I call to you. 

Asklepios, I ask that you join me in this working

Let your energy nourish and heal us. 

Let your knowledge bless us. 

Let your gifts flow. 

I call to you. 

Asklepios. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment