Odyssey Trance Work: An Introduction and Explanation

Several years ago, I began looking for a myth that I could focus on as part of my Trance work for the Initiate Program and Clergy Training Program requirements.  I read and explored many different myths along the way, but when I re-read the Odyssey I knew it was the journey that I wanted to undertake. 

This journey was created to be done once per week (or less often if breaks are needed) and last at least six months.  It was a journey of self exploration, honesty, self-awareness, and healing.  The Odyssey gave me the opportunity to get to know myself on a deeper level, and to work through some internal struggles that I had. 

I finished working through this myth last summer, but I have been hesitant to share what I have created until now, almost nine months later.  This path was incredibly personal for me, and sharing it with the world gives people the opportunity to critique and challenge it in a way that could be hurtful.  However,  I have gained so much from the work that I did with this myth that I thought maybe it could be useful for others who are looking for a way to learn more about themselves, and improve who they are. 

If you are someone who chooses to try to undertake this journey, I highly recommend you re-read the Odyssey before beginning.  While I give highlights of the tale in each entry to tie the work into the myth, I don't go into extreme detail and I feel those details may be important both for visualization and to help you connect more deeply with the work you are doing.

For me, this was not easy work to do.  In fact, I started and restarted this journey more than once before I was able to face my internal "unwanted guests" and have a positive outcome.  It was at times painful and challenging, but it was also deeply healing and empowering.  If you choose to follow this path, hope you enjoy the progress as much as I have.  I'd love to hear your experiences. 

If you have questions about this working, please don't hesitate to ask.  I'm happy to help in any way I can.  Thank you all.

Blessings,

Rev. Amber

0 comments:

Post a Comment