Spring Equinox 2013

Last night I held my solitary Spring Equinox ritual.  I did a mashup of the solitary Hellenic ritual found on the ADF site and a the SDF Equinox Ritual and I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Formal ritual is something that I have always struggled with so it is rare to find something that I  am comfortable with.

In the ritual, the Deities of Occasion were Demeter and Persephone, celebrating Persephone's return to the Earth and Demeter's joyful spring.  I used Hermes as my gatekeeper and I think that it is a role that I am very comfortable with him taking.  I did the ritual indoors because it is still rather cold her (in fact it is snowing as I write this), but I made sure to take the time to walk outside, through the grass and dirt, barefoot to give the offerings outdoors after the ritual was completed.

Overall, I have to say that the ritual went very well, although by the end I was incredibly drained because it was also VERY long.  The omens came out very positive so I'm thrilled.  It was the first solo ritual I have done in a while so it made me a bit nervous, but I think overall it turned out very well.  For the workings I put a prayer out to Athena for some self-improvement stuff and I think that daily devotions are going to be what needs to happen to make this successful.

The omens I received, combined with the inspiration that still seems to be boiling in me from the retreat last weekend, have put me in a very good place.  I am excited to see what the next few months have in store for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment